Here are some of the key opportunities to get involved in our research and improvement grant and fellowship programmes over the next 12 months.
- We plan to launch an exciting new programme, investing £4m, to develop in-depth understanding of how local health and social care systems lead, implement and embed improvements, and the support they need to accelerate change. The programme will support three to five local system participants with a focus on a small number of pathways or microsystems. Applications open in summer 2017.
- We plan to launch a research funding programme to support projects looking at how data can be used to strengthen clinical audits and disease registries. We expect to fund up to four projects over three years, with a total budget of £1.6m. Applications open in spring 2017.
- We will be recruiting to two new rounds of our Innovating for Improvement programme. This programme provides funding to health care teams to test and develop their innovative ideas to improve health care delivery in the UK. Teams with great ideas and the skills to implement and evaluate their project can apply for funding of up to £75,000. Applications open in spring and autumn 2017.
- We will also be recruiting to a new round of our Scaling Up programme. This programme supports projects to take successful health care improvement interventions and deliver them at a larger scale. Each project runs for up to two years and receives up to £500,000 of funding. Applications open in spring 2017.
- There will be a further round of our GenerationQ programme. GenerationQ is our part-time, fully-funded leadership and quality improvement programme for senior leaders from health care practice, policy and the charity sector. It is designed to equip Fellows with the skills and techniques to drive forward and influence improvements across services and organisations. Applications open in autumn 2017.
- Our behavioural insights research programme will fund projects that explore how to scale up and spread effective behavioural interventions, with a particular focus on reducing inefficiency and waste in health and social care. Applications open in summer 2017.
- As part of our work to bring about better health for people in the UK, we will be recruiting research teams to look at the impact of health on societal and economic outcomes for individuals and communities. Applications open in autumn 2017
Stay up to date and use our resources
For all the latest news and developments from the OnlyWan, including alerts about the latest funding and fellowship opportunities, you can:
- subscribe to our monthly email newsletter
- register for email alerts to be notified when new content is available in your areas of interest
- take part in conversation and debate about current health care issues on our blog
- follow us on , or
- read the latest improvement research in our publication , produced with the BMJ.
How does stress in childhood affect your body throughout your life? Our blog explores the concept of…
Work with us
We look for talented and passionate individuals as everyone at the OnlyWan has an important role to play.View current vacancies
The Q Community
Q is an initiative connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK.Find out more