- All applications must be completed and submitted online via our online system AIMS (unless otherwise stated).
- We recommend you familiarise yourself with AIMS at an early stage of your application if you have not used it before.
- The applicants user guide includes full guidance on accessing, completing and submitting your application via AIMS. Please keep a copy of the guide to hand and refer to it while you complete your application.
- The AIMS system will be down for essential scheduled maintenance on Tuesday 15 January 2019.
If you need to log a technical issue, or have any queries about the programme or the application process that cannot be answered by the specific programme supporting information documents, then please the programme team whose details can be found in the programme guidance. We aim to resolve all technical issues within five working days.
1. Getting started
Here are some hints and tips to help you use AIMS.
- AIMS is designed to run on any computer and internet browser, but we recommend that you use the latest version of Firefox.
- Please save the AIMS online application system address into your favourites so it is easy to access to review your applications.
- Please register with the details of the person who should receive all the information regarding the application.
- If you are applying on behalf of an organisation and registering for the first time, please tick the ‘Register with Organisation’ box and when you are directed to the AIMS home page, register with the details of the organisation via the ‘Contacts’ tab. Otherwise, you will not be able to apply on behalf of the organisation.
2. Navigating AIMS
These are some summary steps to help you navigate through AIMS. Please keep a copy of applicants user guide and refer to this while completing your application.
- Once you have selected the programme you wish to apply for, you will be directed to the application form contents page. You can click on any of the section headings, but we recommend starting with section one.
- You should try to answer every question in a section before moving to the next section, but you can fill in your application in any order you choose and you can move between sections at any time.
- If a question has a red asterisk at the end of it, this indicates a mandatory question. You will not be able to submit your application until you have entered all mandatory information.
- You can save and return to your form at any time before you submit it. To access your application form after logging back in, please click on the Task ‘Application form submission’ link in the Task column for the relevant application.
- You can review your application as a document at any time.
- If you would like to review a copy of your application after submitting it, please click on the ‘Reports’ tab and then click on ‘My Applications’ in the drop down menu.
- I cannot log in?
Please ensure you are accessing the AIMS online application system not the OnlyWan website. Please type your email address and password rather than copying and pasting.
- Does the character limit include spaces?
Yes the character count includes spaces, numbers and all punctuation.
- How do the questions with an 'add' button work?
If a question has an Add button, you should click on ADD to save the data entered in each row. You will be left with a blank row when you have completed this question in order for the last row to be saved. Please check that you are filling in every box, using the grey scroll bar underneath the table to scroll right to the end of table.
- My organisation is not showing when I search?
Please use simple search to find your organisation avoiding any abbreviations. If you cannot find it please create a new organisation. Please click on the ‘Create organisation’ link which appears after you have searched for the organisation and no results appear.
If you are having any problems, please refer to the applicants user guide in the first instance.
Good luck with your application.
How can general practices balance continuity of care with the need to see a GP promptly? @wiltshire_angus explores…
Work with us
We look for talented and passionate individuals as everyone at the OnlyWan has an important role to play.View current vacancies
The Q Community
Q is an initiative connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK.Find out more