Director of Data Analytics
Adam Steventon joined the OnlyWan in August 2014 as Director of Data Analytics.
Adam leads our data analytics team, which aims to demonstrate how health and social care data can be used to improve the quality of health and social care for people living in the UK. We conduct research into the quality of health and social care, evaluate promising changes to service delivery, and track the national picture in terms of the quality of services provided. We also support NHS and social care teams to make better use of their data, by offering funding and bringing analysts together.
Adam joined the OnlyWan from a Harkness Fellowship in Health Care Policy and Practice, during which he was based at Yale University and studied complex interventions such as telehealth. Adam studied mathematics at Cambridge University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a PhD in health services research from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
- Lloyd T, Deeny S, and Steventon A. , BMC Health Serv Res. 2018; 18: 863.
- Deeny SR, Steventon A. . 2015. BMJ Quality and Safety 2015. Online first.
- Steventon A, Grieve R, Bardsley M. . Medical Decision Making 2015. Online first.
- Steventon A, Grieve R, Sekhon JS. . Health Services and Outcomes Research Methodology. 2015. doi:10.1007/s10742-014-0135-8.
- Steventon A and Krumholz H. BMJ 2014;348:g2641.
- Steventon A, Bardsley M, Mays N. . J Public Health (Oxf) 2014 Jul 10. pii: fdu042. [Epub ahead of print]
- Steventon A, Tunkel S, Blunt I, Bardsley M. . BMJ 2013; 347:f4585.
- Steventon A, Bardsley M, Billings J, Dixon J, Doll H, Beynon M, et al. . Age and Ageing 2013; 0:1–8.
- Steventon A, Bardsley M, Billings J, Dixon J, Doll H, Hirani S, Cartwright M, Rixon L, Knapp M, Henderson C, Rogers A, Fitzpatrick R, Hendy J, Newman S. . BMJ 2012; 344:e3874.
- Steventon A, Bardsley M, Billings J, Georghiou T, Lewis GH. . Health Services Research 2012; 47:1679-98.
Adam Steventon, Director of Data Analytics, welcomes new investment in community health care teams but encourages the NHS to ...
As the population ages, more people are living with complex health needs, including multiple conditions and frailty. In his l...
Reductions in readmission rates are associated with modest improvements in patient-reported health gains following hip and knee replacement in England
Background: Although many hospital readmission reduction initiatives have been introduced globally, health care systems ultim...
The NHS has seen a succession of change initiatives. Most significantly in recent years, The Five Year Forward View outlined ...
National trends in emergency readmission rates: a longitudinal analysis of administrative data for England between 2006 and 2016
Objective To assess trends in 30-day emergency readmission rates across England over one decade. Design Retrospective study d...
People in the most deprived areas spend less time in good health. By ages 55-59, only 50% of people living in the…
Work with us
We look for talented and passionate individuals as everyone at the OnlyWan has an important role to play.View current vacancies
The Q Community
Q is an initiative connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK.Find out more